SELINUX - Why?

|TF20|Shockwave shockwave at clan-tf20.com
Wed Jul 27 20:39:16 UTC 2005

> > What I mean is, I ask "Why should I run selinux?" The answer
> > then seems to be "We don't know, but if you don't bad things
> > might happen to your system due to malicious programs."

Look at it this way. People wear seat-belts in cars not because they expect
to get in an accident but as protection just in case they do.  SELinux is
analogous to a seat-belt.  It may not save your system in the event of a
breach, but not using it certainly won't guarantee that things will turn out
any better either.

Shockwave