Increasing inodes without recreating file system

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Wed Jul 27 20:48:38 UTC 2005

Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 2:54 PM +0100 7/27/05, Robin Bowes wrote:
>
>>Tony Nelson wrote:
>

>>>All:  Would a loop device volume (man losetup) to store his email be the
>>>simplest way out of this mess?
>>
>>Erm, no.
>>
>>Thanks for the suggestions.
>

> It is possible that you do not understand this suggestion.  You should ask
> what what it means, or read man losetup.  It would solve your problem,
> though it might not be the simplest solution.  It is what I would do in
> your place, unless I already knew of a simpler solution.

It's a bit of both, really. I know roughly what it means, but don't want
to go there as there is currently a simpler solution available to me
(e.g. moving the directories using all the inodes onto another
filesystem, clearing out unwanted trash from my home dir - that's the
trouble with having nearly a TB of storage available: you never delete
anything!)

R.