FC4 Firefox video

M. Lewis _fedoralist_ at cajuninc.com
Wed Jul 27 21:30:34 UTC 2005

Claude Jones wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 July 2005 12:55 am, M. Lewis wrote:
>
>>After installing mplayerplug-in-3.01-1.fc4.i386.rpm AND deleting the
>>cache and cookies in Firefox I was finally able to play the video on
>>www.cnn.com.
>>
>>I have not been able to do this though on www.foxnews.com. I'm wondering
>>if anyone can, and if so, what you're doing differently than I am.
>>

> I've installed it on two machines, now, and foxnews video plays fine. CNN is
> based on Windows Media. FoxNews video is Macromedia's Flash Player. Do you
> have Flash Player installed? One thing I did notice on Fox is that the audio
> lags the video - since it's Fox, that's lawful <g> --

Thanks Claude. Yes, I do have Flash installed:

[root at moe ~]# rpm -qa | grep flash
mozilla-flash-7.0.25-1.2.fc4.rf
flash-plugin-7.0.25-1

I've run 'setup' and it appears successful:

[root at moe ~]# /usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup

Registering flashplayer as a XPCOM component in
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.10

Registering flashplayer as a XPCOM component in
/usr/lib/firefox-1.0.6
Setup is complete.

Still no videos from www.foxnews.com though.

Mike