Wireless: Netgear WG511T and FC4

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 27 21:57:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 17:47, C.F. Scheidecker Antunes wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've upgraded my notebook for FC4 and before I had FC3 I did install
> prism54 driver for the 2.6.something kernel and had my wireless working.
> I see that the version of the kernel I have in my FC4 is newer than the
> one I had with the prism54 driver. Hence I wonder what would you suggest
> to fix this situation? How can I enabled wirelles again on my notebook?
>
> Any other drivers that I could use with this card?
>
> Any ideas?

It is my understanding that the prism54 driver is part of the FC4 kernel
now.  You may need to get the firmware for the chip set installed.  Once
that is done in theory you should be able to get wireless going again.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

A log may float in a river, but that does not make it a crocodile.