OT - RHEL vs. Fedora

Jonathan Pickard Jonathan.Pickard at intelligroup.co.nz
Wed Jul 27 23:37:50 UTC 2005

>I'm considering a move to RHEL.  I was wondering if anyone knows the answers
>to the following questions?

RHEL or a clone? there is a quite a difference when it comes to support, development etc.

>1) what version of FC is the latest RHEL based on?

none really - it is pretty similar to FC3, I assume you mean RHEL 4.0

> 2) Can I still setup yum repos such as kde-redhat and still get support if
> needed?

support for what from whom? - I doubt you will get support from RH for a non-RH repository. You can use yum in RHEL and you can load any rpms as long as you meet all dependencies. but once you start adding rpms that are not from the official redhat repositories you will be on your own support wise.