FC4 Installation problem

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Jul 28 00:49:01 UTC 2005

Bisi wrote:

>After two attempts, I was finally able to get anaconda
>to install FC4
>on IBM
>xSeries 240 server in text mode. I edited file
>/usr/share/hwdata/Cards
>inserting the blank line as suggested in the trail for
>bug# 157972. I then ran kudzu, supplying the
>root
>password when prompted. However, kudzu kept coming
>back with Permission
>denied
>even though the root password I supplied is correct.
>
>I have SELinux enabled (active) during installation. I
>do not know if
>this has
>anything to do with 'Permission denied' I'm getting.
>
>Has anyone come accross same problems?
>
>Bisi

I've seen this problem also trying to launch the "new" non-interactive
kudzu. The root password that I supplied was also correct.
 Have you tried to run the interactive system-config-display tool to
configure your card?

Jim

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which is caused by greed and ignorance."
-- Cal Keegan