OT - RHEL vs. Fedora

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Thu Jul 28 03:03:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 18:36 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 17:29 -0600, kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
> wrote:
> > Hi List;
> >
> > I'm considering a move to RHEL.  I was wondering if anyone knows the answers
> > to the following questions?
> >
> > 1) what version of FC is the latest RHEL based on?
>
> RHEL 4 came out right before FC3 was released, so it is mainly based on
> an "enterpise-hardened" FC2.

You need to increment the Fedora numbers.... :-)

See: http://fedora.redhat.com/about/history/

Fedora Core 3 was released November 2004.  RHEL 4 was released at
LinuxWorld in Boston in February 2005.  So RHEL 4 is based on things
learned through Fedora Core 3 and will feel pretty similar.  Fedora Core
4 now extends to new things beyond the versions found in RHEL 4.

--Rob