PostgreSQL 7.1.3 installation problem on FC3

Ian Burrell ianburrell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 03:30:33 UTC 2005

Shu Hung (Koala <koalay.dg21 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'm recently migrating a OpenACS 3.2.5 website to a Fedora Core 3 server
> My problem was PostgreSQL compilation.
> Everytime I run ./configure, the compilation ended with these lines:
>
> (some lines skipped)..........................
> checking for preprocessor stringizing operator... yes
> checking for signed types... no
> checking for volatile... no
> checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... sys/time.h
> checking for tm_zone in struct tm... no
> checking for tzname... nochecking for union semun... nochecking for struct
sockaddr_un... nochecking for int timezone... nochecking types of arguments for
accept()... configure: error: could not determine argument types

Do you have to use PostgreSQL 7.1.3?  That is an ancient version of PostgreSQL.
 It isn't surprising that it won't build on FC3; I am sure lots of stuff has
changed over the years and no one has bothered to get old software to build on a
modern distributions.  FC3 includes PostgreSQL 7.4.6 and FC4 includes PostgreSQL
8.0.3, the most recent version.

 - Ian