FTP Timeout Issues

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Thu Jul 28 05:36:17 UTC 2005

> Hi Everyone,
> I have a Redhat Fedora Core 2 server that is having FTP timeout
> issues.The server is running the latest CPANEL/WHM and I am having this
> issue with both PureFTP and ProFTP.
> Basically what happens is I begin to upload (only uploading, not
> downloading) a file and about 1-2MB in the server gives this error
> DATE - TIME server pure-ftpd: (useracct at X.X.X.X) [INFO] Timeout (no new
> data for 900 seconds)

Hi,

i had those timeouts too, this was on my side concerning the missing
ip_conntrack_ftp-module.

lsmod should show something like:

ip_conntrack           41497  2 ip_conntrack_ftp,ipt_state

..whilst ip_conntrack_ftp is important, in this case it is loaded.

do you have the ip_conntrack_ftp module loaded? if no, insert this in
/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config: IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp"

or try first with modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp

HTH
Roger