Where's apt for core 4?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Jul 28 09:00:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 04:25:51PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 10:18 -0400, Dan Burke wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 15:32 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > I have all the servers at work using apt (over 30 servers).  I see a
> > nightmare in my future.
> The work-around is to mirror the external repos and to build local apt
> repos from it - That's what I am already doing.

http://dl.atrpms.net/fc4-i386/redhat/ contains mirrored
download.fedora.redhat.com repos with additional apt support (and yum
and even still yum20). Replace fc4-i386 with your distarch if you need
something else.

Note ATrpms' own packages are in /atrpms/, e.g. the above is pure
redhat.com origin with added metadata.

The mirror's updates are synced hourly, and the metadata are created
in a staged area before swapping in the new updates, so there is
always guarateed consistency between packages and metadata.

Also accessible via rsync.atrpms.net, so you can have your local
aptified mirror :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net