Fedorafaq -Is this the best that we (fedora community) can do?

Captain Bubudiu bubudiu2005 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 21:25:38 UTC 2005

 --- Timothy Murphy <tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie>
wrote:

> What exactly is your complaint?
> Are you referring to the Unofficial FAQ at
> <http://www.fedorafaq.org>?
Yeah it should be self-explanatory.

> --
> Captain Bubudiu wrote:

 <rant>

 Is this for real? This makes fedora a laughing stock
when you consider what is out there for the likes of
debian/ubuntu. I'm sorry to spoil the party but this
seems like a schoolboy attempt.
 - Where did you get the notion that these were the
frequently asked questions?
- Look at what is asked on the mailing lists/fedora
forum etc etc
- It should be relabeled as a personal homepage not a
"fedorafaq".
 </rant>
- There is evidence that he deliberately chose not to
work with others (similar websites).
- It is not a community effort. Show me where on this
mailing list he asked for your involvement.
- It  compares poorly to what the likes of
Debian/Ubuntu have, maybe its because they don't have
the infighting in Fedora.

Fedora Core - The power of Open Source Now! Please search the archives and http://fedoraforum.org as the question is likely to have been asked before. RH9 -> FC3 -> FC6 (Jan 2007)

Catch me at http://members.lycos.co.uk/bubudiu/ Ah the beauty of it all!

Cheers