FC Core4 Install Problems

Dave Harman dharman at lin-nett.com
Fri Jul 29 01:29:22 UTC 2005

Hi list,

So I tried twice to load Fedora Core 4 onto a Dell machine.

Both times, I got an anaconda error as shown below :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1160, in ?
    intf.run(id, dispatch)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line 496, in run
    dispatch.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 174, in gotoNext
    self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 242, in moveStep
    rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 582, in turnOnFilesystems
    thefsset.createLogicalVolumes(instPath)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 1477, in createLogicalVolumes
    entry.device.setupDevice(chroot)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 2131, in setupDevice
    raise SystemError, "lvcreate failed for %s" %(self.name,)
SystemError: lvcreate failed for LogVol00

This is really new to me, so any ideas or observations from you I would
appreciate.

Thanks

Dave Harman