vsftpd config

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Fri Jul 29 05:28:30 UTC 2005

> On Thursday 28 July 2005 21:13, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>> Please check in which mode your SELinux runs by looking into
>> /etc/sysconfig/selinux. With system-config-securitylevel you can check
>> how services are configured. Maybe a "grep vsftpd
>> /etc/selinux/*/boolean" is helpful. There are too man pages for using
>> "setsebool".
>>
>> Alexander
>
> SELINUX=Enforcing
> SELINUXTYPE=targeted
>
> in "booleans"
> ftpd_is_daemon=1
> ftp_home_dir=1

getsebool -a | grep ftp shows you all booleans for ftp. In my opinion, for
your issue, you could for a short time disable selinux-support for vsftpd.

ftpd_disable_trans --> inactive

this is the one to change. Do this either in system-config-securitylevel
or in the shell do:

setsebool ftpd_disable_trans=1

now, you can try with vsftpd to connect anonymously. Do not forget to put
it back right afterwards.

HTH
Roger