FC4 kernel compile (Further errors)

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jul 29 12:43:50 UTC 2005

david walcroft wrote:

> # Override generic defaults with per-arch defaults
>
> %ifarch noarch
> %define builddoc 1
> %define buildup 0
> %define buildsmp 0
> %define all_arch_configs $RPM_SOURCE_DIR/kernel-%{kversion}-*.config
> %endif
>
> from the kernel-2.6.spec.

I haven't understood what you are trying to do -
it seems very complicated -
but why not just follow what I assume is standard procedure?

1. Run "make xconfig", loading a config file if you wish;
2. Run "make"
3. As root run "make modules_install; make install".

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366