RSS and how it works

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jul 29 14:54:36 UTC 2005

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/mostviewed/*http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/space_shuttle
> </link>
> <guid isPermaLink="false">ap/20050729/space_shuttle</guid>
> <pubDate>Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:30:29 GMT</pubDate>
> -
> <description>
> AP - Discovery Commander Eileen Collins said from orbit Friday that she
> was surprised to learn a large piece of foam broke from the shuttle's
> external tank despite years of work to prevent such shedding in the wake
> of the Columbia tragedy.
> </description>
> </item>

Thanks - that explains the advantage very clearly.
I'll try Thunderbird for a while,
but I suspect that RSS feeds within firefox will prove the best for me,
even if I don't get a full description (which I would quite like).

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366