killing a stuck "D" process

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:31:36 UTC 2005

2005/7/29, Gaspar Bakos <gbakos at cfa.harvard.edu>:

> And this is what finally we resorted to.
> It is a pity that such situations can happen where a'la windoz style,
> the only thing that helps is reboot. I am not used to that...
>
> Gaspar

Hi,
I'm reading Mr. Robert Love's great book these days. This `D' is
mentioned in the book. What I want to know is whether a task waiting
with TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE flag can be cleaned from the system. Would
it break anything? If the device comes back to the system, but some
lock is missing nowhere, should we allocate another one in the driver?

--
bbbush ^_^