FC3 and 440GX

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Jul 29 16:55:52 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 29.07.2005 schrieb Peter Smith um 18:13:

Peter,

I had to use the archive to find out to which original posting your are
replying. It would be good to mention the reference in the beginning
line.
Anyway, you are answering to a posting from November 13th 2004!

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&m=110032226927673&w=2

What's the reason for replying to such old list mails? Just wondering.

> Alex Evonosky wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the suggestion, but it did the same thing.  I got to the
> > screen that states 'No hard drives found, please manually add......'

> Alex, did you ever resolve this?  I have a 440GX system (Dell PowerEdge
> 2300) which is not running raid, but AIC 7XXX only.  It does boot fine
> in FC3, except the newest kernels.  Although I haven't actually tried
> the "acpi=off" thing quite yet.
>
> Peter

Quote from http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc1/#AlanCox:

o	System hangs reporting SCSI timeouts or at the IDE probe
	and "ide=nodma" does not help.

	If this is an Intel 440GX board, await errata news

	For other SMP boards please try "noapic"

	You may also need to set the BIOS MP to "MP 1.1" if you can

Alexander

Serendipity 18:51:06 up 13 days, 23:23, load average: 0.39, 0.24, 0.19