usb problems after recent updates

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 29 20:37:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm running FC4 on a laptop been experiencing usb problems since the last
round of FC4 updates. Basically the symptoms are that if I plug in my usb
mouse, which has worked find up to this point, the system goes into a cycle
of 100% cpu usage for a few seconds, which then stops for a period and then
restarts. The mouse does not work (It might for a few seconds but then
stops). Thankfully the touchpad works OK...

Does anyone else have this problem ? Any suggestions what to do would be
greatfully received as this is rather annoying.

| Dr Chris R Jones         work   : +44 (0)1223 337324         |
| HEP Group  (rm 882)      fax    : +44 (0)1223 353920         |
| Cavendish Laboratory,    home   : +44 (0)1223 510711         |
| Madingley Road,          mobile : +44 (0)7900 564763         |
| Cambridge, CB3 0HE       email  : jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk   |