kmail- cannot start process pop3

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Jul 30 20:11:31 UTC 2005

Am Sa, den 30.07.2005 schrieb neidorff um 20:21:

> Holy moley!  I ran strace as you suggested, but I couldn't find
> anything pointing at the error.  I've attached kmail.log to this
> message.  Would you please be so kind as to take a look at it for me?
>  (sorry it is a large-ish file)

> Mark

I do not see an error in the strace log either. But the error occured
during stracing?

Is SElinux active on your host? Please check /var/log/messages for audit
/ avc messages. One google hit speaks about something wrong with
kdeinit. You could try and booting with "enforcing=0" as kernel
parameter to test with SELinux in permissive mode. If that bring us not
a step further, then create a new user and check whether with this one
running Kmail the same happens. You can delete this test user and his
files after the test run.

Alexander

Serendipity 22:07:01 up 15 days, 2:39, load average: 0.24, 0.17, 0.14