Rdesktop link to Windows XP Home Edition ?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Jul 30 22:45:06 UTC 2005

Has anyone successfully used rdesktop to link to
a machine running Windows XP Home Edition?

As far as I can see, Windows XP Home Edition
does not support Telnet server or Remote Desktop
(as Windows XP Pro does).
It does support "Remote Assistance",
and I see from the archive for this list
that some claim one could use this
to login to a Windows machine from a Linux box.
Unfortunately none of the postings I have seen
explains how this is done.

Has anyone actually linked Linux to WinXP Home in this way?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366