Setting up Radius

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Sun Jul 31 00:19:16 UTC 2005

John Aldrich wrote:
> How hard is it to set up and administer RADIUS? At work, we're looking at
> offering dial-up access and while I've run it before, I haven't actually *set
> it up* before...

Hi John,

We have implemented FreeRADIUS for authentication on our wireless
networks (though it's MAC-based, not username/password pair).  We're
using a MySQL backend to store the actual data, which has allowed me to
write web interfaces in PHP to administer the data in RADIUS.  This
permits those who aren't familiar with a Unix-like command-line to also
manage the database.

How hard is it?  It's not any harder than anything else, just do the
requisite RTFM'ing beforehand.  :)

-j

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis     <jeremy at linuxwiz.net>