Our (US) $s at work.

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 31 05:23:12 UTC 2005

Regardless of all points taken in this discussion think a moment of the
humor of the whole thing, please. The repair for Linux is one file that
is not even an executable. For my case it's the usr share file:
"/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles"

Now think of what this will probably mean for all the "high powered"
Windows 2003 servers out there that the "smart IT managers" have installed
on their huge server farms. I bet it requires them all to be rebooted
for this one wee tiny fix. I just gotta snort with laughter.

(And for what it is worth - why not simply adopt DST all year long? And
of course, the way to do that is leave noon for a time zone with the Sun
within a half hour of the zenith position and let the schools or work
places shift their start times and stop times. But, that's too logical.)

{^_-}