Our (US) $s at work.

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 31 17:22:11 UTC 2005

From: "taharka" <res00vl8 at alltel.net>

> >This does not need fixing.  When/if the date/time of the change between
> >standard and daylight times changes, your timezone file (New York | Los
> >Angeles | whatever) gets replaced/updated and it automagically happens
> >at the proper time.
> >
> >That file as you both have listed tells the system when to switch times.
> >There are many of those files on your system, one for each official time
> >zone area around the world.
> >

> My file reads, "/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Kentucky". Now, there are
> two selections in that directory, Louisville & Monticello. I have
> selected Louisville for my time zone. Suppose I wanted to make a copy of
> the Louisville file, modify it to suite my taste (bear in mind, the
> format") & save the file as Lexington (which is where I am actually
> located) in the /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Kentucky directory. How do I
> modify the compressed file? Or, do simply copy the Louisville file &
> rename it to Lexington?

[root at grandpoobah /etc/mail/spamassassin]# rpm -qif
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles
Name        : tzdata                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2005i                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 2                             Build Date: Sat 30 Apr 2005
12:53:10 AM PDT
Install Date: Mon 27 Jun 2005 01:11:29 AM PDT      Build Host:
decompose.build.redhat.com
Group       : System Environment/Base       Source RPM:
tzdata-2005i-2.src.rpm
Size        : 650572                           License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Fri 20 May 2005 11:53:26 AM PDT, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Summary     : Timezone data
Description :
This package contains data files with rules for various timezones around
the world.

So get the archive, expand the source, RTFM, and fix it.
{^_^}