kmail- cannot start process pop3

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Sun Jul 31 19:45:32 UTC 2005

On Sunday 31 July 2005 14:25, neidorff wrote:

> AhHa???? There is no kio_pop3 on my system!!!!

You should have.

#locate kio_pop3
/usr/lib/kde3/kio_pop3.la
/usr/lib/kde3/kio_pop3.so

# rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/kde3/kio_pop3.la
kdebase-3.3.1-4.3.FC3
# rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/kde3/kio_pop3.so
kdebase-3.3.1-4.3.FC3

> Is that the
> problem, or does fedora core 3 have something else to do the job?
>  If it is indeed missing, what do I install to get it?
>
> This feels promising.

Well, I'm not sure exactly, just ran into this and it looked like
your symptoms on the associated bug ( Bug 104947 has been marked as
a duplicate of this bug. ).

Also, it seems that one or two others have had this problem like you
and for some reason installing cyrus-sasl cured the problem.

Regards, Mike Klinke