HP Color Laserjet 2600N; printer recommendation

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Jul 31 21:48:39 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 05:35:01PM +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 31.07.2005 schrieb Matt Morgan um 17:11:
>
> > I have an HP Color Laserjet 2600N. In a lot of ways it's a great
> > printer--color, laser, cheap (~$400US), built-in networking. But, as
> > far as I can tell, it's not at all linux-compatible (unlike other
> > HP's).
>
> It is a "crippled" printer, a GDI one. It does neither know PCL nor
> PostScript.
> If you use a Windows? host as print server then set up a raw print queue
> in Cups and let the Windows? host render the pages with it's driver.
>
> > Matt
>
> Alexander
Not to argue with the above suggestion but does anyone know is HPLIP
at Sourceforge has a driver for the HP Color Laserjet 2600N (as it does
for the HP Color Laserjet 3500 which is not in Fedora 3 or 4)?
We had a power outage so I can't check this for myself.
The HP Color Laserjet 3500 is also not a Postscript printer.

So if HLIP has the 2600N driver you can use the CUPS web interface to
configure printing to it.

	"Evil does seek to maintain power by suppressing the truth."
	"Or by misleading the innocent."
		-- Spock and McCoy, "And The Children Shall Lead",
		   stardate 5029.5.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University