Bugs in new kernels

Lloyd Hayes lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 22:04:34 UTC 2005

Well, I got fed up with the bugs in Fedora Core 4 and put Fedora Core 3
back on my computer.

FC3 came out a year ago. One of the first things that I noticed was that
some of newer programs did not work well with the Selinx policies.
Updating the software took sever hours. (All night)

This morning, after all of the downloading, I was almost required to
install the new kernel first.

After that, the bugs of FC4 showed up. They had not been there from the
original kernel on the installation CD. They showed up after installing
the new kernel. It appears that the bugs associated with FC4 are related
to the new kernels being used. The same bugs show up in FC3 when the
latest kernel is applied.
--
Lloyd Hayes

Personal Website