Question about dual-booting/VMware

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Wed Jun 1 01:56:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 17:06 -0700, R. Kesler wrote:
<snip>
> Also, anyone used Fedora with VMware?  I see that Red
> Hat 7.0-9.0 is compatible with VMware, as well as
> RHEL AS/ES/WS 4.0 (32-bit), RHEL AS/ES/WS 2.1, 3.0,
> and
> RHEL Advanced Server 2.1.

<snip>

I am currently running VMWare 4.5.2 on top of Fedora Core 3 (host OS)
with a guest OS of Windows XP.  Have bought the upgrade to version 5 of
VMWare but haven't had a chance to do my upgrade yet (want to double
check my backup before doing it).  Make sure you read the Release Notes
for FC3 if you are going to do a similar situation.

I have to say that dual-booting got real old real quick.  Never failed -
was always in the "wrong" OS.  Admittedly, by now I only fire up VMWare
on the weekends when I have time for my "hobbies" which use Windows
software - all work is now done in Linux.

HTH,

--Rob