Newbie- Fedora Core 3 and Emachines 5310 first boot issue

Al Davis aldavis at aldavis.org
Thu Jun 2 00:48:18 UTC 2005

I'm having issues getting Fedora core 3 to boot on my emachines 5310

Machine Spec

CPU: Mobile AMD Athlon™ XP-M 2400+ Processor with QuantiSpeed™ architecture
Memory: 512 MB DDR (PC 2100)
Hard Drive: 40 GB HDD 2
Optical Drives: DVD/CD-RW Combo (CD-read 24x; CD-write 24x; CD-rewrite 10x;
DVD-read 8x)
Video: ATI® RADEON™ IGP 320M
64 MB (shared) Video Memory
Sound: PC2001 Compliant AC '97 Audio
Built-in Stereo Speakers
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 Fax/Modem
Network: Integrated 802.11g Wireless LAN, 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
Pointing Device: Touchpad with vertical Scroll Zone
Battery: 8-cell Lithium-ion (Li-ion)

I go through the install process and when it tries to boot it hangs at

Initializing hardware...storage network audio.

I should also probably mention that I am attempting to dual boot this
machine with Win XP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Al