Yum and EXTRAS

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Jun 2 05:23:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 11:52:07PM -0500, john bray wrote:
> > Just like rpm.livna.org or freshrpms.net, Dag's repository cannot
> > be enabled by default and cannot be recommended either (contributory
> > infringement and the likes).
> michael - a good doctor could probably piece together your forked
> tongue.

Maybe I'm misreading -- I'm just joining this thread -- but this seems like
a seriously unwarrented personal attack. Michale's right -- Red Hat doesn't
want to include any repositories which include software which is on legally
shakey ground in the US. This may be overly-paranoid, but there it is.

Michale's tongue has nothing to do with it.