Yum & up2date dont agree

kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
Thu Jun 2 21:12:37 UTC 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 14:51, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 14:38 -0600, kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
>
> wrote:
> > Yum tells me: "No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion"
> > yet up2date tells me there are updates. How can I make yum aware of the
> > channel that up2date is using ?
>
> Point them both at the same repositories.
>
> yum's are configured in /etc/yum.conf and /etc/yum.repo.d/*.repo
>
> up2date's are configured in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
>
> If you use a mirrorlist for either tool, this issue is likely to occur
> again from time to time because not all mirrors get the updates at the
> same time.
>
> Paul.
> --
> Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>

My /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file has these entries in it:
# base
# Fedora Core 3 - i386 - Base
#
apt base http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/3/i386 core

# updates-released
# Fedora Core 3 - i386 - Released Updates
#
apt updates-released http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/3/i386 updates

I want to add these to my yum.conf.

This one works:
[FC3 Base]
name=Fedora Core 3 - i386 - Base
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/

but I don't know how to add the updates

I've tried both of these entries with no luck:
[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core 3 - i386 - Released Updates
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/3/i386 updates

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core 3 - i386 - Released Updates
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/

Any help???
Also, I would like to add the FC3 Extras