Need advice on new mailserver and spam

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jun 6 15:49:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 11:33, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Bob Brennan wrote:
> > I've been called in to solve some massive email problems in a company
> > that has about 30 employees and an external mailserver. They receive
> > on average about 100 legitimate emails per day and 3000+ spams plus
> > the usual virus and worm attacks.

> I predict with 99% certainly that Scott H. will advise you to use
> greylisting too :-)

Of course!  :)  This is a prime situation where greylisting will provide
a solution that will nail 98%+ of the spam they get while not using
tremendous resources on the email server.

milter-greylist is what I used before.  Easy to implement and requires
very little maintenance once it is in place.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Ah, but a man's grasp should exceed his reach,
Or what's a heaven for ?
		-- Robert Browning, "Andrea del Sarto"