mysql version in FC3

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 16:02:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 02:21, Paul Howarth wrote:

> >    This is a little confusing to me.  My tutorial is all based on MySQL
> > ver. >4.
>
> FC3 included MySQL v3.x because of licensing issues with v4.x that have
> since been resolved. However, since a large number of packages in FC3
> are built against MySQL v3.x, updating to v4.x in FC3 would require
> updating many, many packages, potentially causing a lot of problems.

There are client compatibility libraries that are supposed to keep the
old stuff happy with the newer server version, but waiting for FC4 is
probably the easiest approach.  Mysql4 is also included in RHEL4 (and
thus the free clones like Centos4).  Those might be a better choice for
a production server.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com