problem with xscreensaver + VNC?

Fabiano Petrone fabiano.petrone at bib.uniud.it
Tue Jun 7 07:06:34 UTC 2005

Hello there!
I've installed VNC server on a FC3 (for the user fabianope) with the
following parameters:

1)on /etc/sysconfig/vncservers I've:
VNCSERVERS="65:fabianope"

2)on /home/fabianope/.vnc/xstartup I've:
#!/bin/sh
# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
twm &

3) The vnc server starts at startup

If I connect to this FC3 (user fabianope) from a remote machine
($DISPLAY=":65.0") and I go to main menu->preferences->screensaver, this is
yet started and it works correctly

but.....

if I log (user fabianope) through the console ($DISPLAY=":0.0") and I go to
main menu->preferences->screensaver I obtain the following message:

The XScreenSaver daemon doesn't seem to be running
on display ":0.0".  Launch it now?

if I click YES, all goes OK....is it any way to automate this procedure at
startup?

bye and thanks in advance for your reply,

Fabianope