Is it possible to perform an FC 3 install without a CD ?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jun 7 09:20:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 08:40 +0200, Fabrice Beauvir wrote:
> Just a little problem.. When you execute system-install-package, it
> looking for CDs !!!
> AND when you set tree to the http dir it is unable to load .discinfo.
> ("system-install-package -tree=http://myhttp/mydir" )

Perhaps the -tree option supports only directory names, not URIs?

> I was obliged to copy my 3 install CD on the HDD and I wonder why
> system-install-packages don't use the same sources as yum.....

Work is ongoing towards integrating the package updater with yum, but it
hasn't made it in time for FC4 and *might* not even make it in FC5 :-(

You'd probably be better off adding yum repo support to the server on
which you have the tree installed. It's fairly easy to do using
createrepo.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>