TV cards in Fedora Core

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 8 11:30:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 15:37 +0800, Edward Dekkers wrote:
> James T. Carver wrote:
> > Just thought I would drop a line to let anyone who is intrested in watching tv
> > in Linux.  The following hardware works within linux with NO hardware
> > problems.
> >
> > Leadtek Winfast2000XP Expert
> >
> > Fired right up and the kernel installed the proper drivers without any manual
> > configuration needed.
> >
> > James Carver
> >

> Interesting James.
>
> Is that an analogue card or Digital one?
>
> Asking because I'd like a HDTV PCI card in my Linux box which "just works"
>
> Regards,
> Ed.

Ed,

This might be interesting.  http://www.eff.org/broadcastflag/cookbook/
and http://www.pchdtv.com/.

They EFF article references the pcHDTV HD-3000 card.  It's a linux only
card.  I noticed it does not have an IR receiver for use with a remote
control.  Other than that it looks pretty good.  $170 USD or so.

Bob...