Kernel Source

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Thu Jun 9 00:58:22 UTC 2005

At 11:46 PM +0200 6/8/05, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Mi, den 08.06.2005 schrieb Peter Hutnick um 23:23:
>
>> I need to install NdisWrapper so I can use an otherwise un-supported
>> USB 802.11g NIC.  (I'd also like to be able to build LIRC with
>> StreamZap support . . .)
>>
>> Anyway, I need the kernel source for the stock kernel to do this.
>
>You don't have to. What the kernel RPM ships is enough to compile
>ndiswrapper.
>
>> I've read about the kernel-source RPM being no more, but I haven't
>> been able to find a coherent procedure for getting from the
>> kernel*.src.rpm to having a usable kernel source tree installed.
>>
>> I'm sure it's out there . . . can someone point me in the right direction?
>
>The release notes.

Not when I tried to do it, and again now.  Apparently when they say removed
they mean removed, as their suggested "up2date --get-source kernel" command
fails with a 404 not found error on a header.info page.  I found the kernel
source at
<http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/SRPMS/> .

But as Alexander Dalloz says, you don't need it for what you're doing
(AFAIK, which is less than he knows).