firewall, spam and virus control in one box

Bjørn-Sverre Nøttum bsnottum at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:54:18 UTC 2005

Hallo!

I am working at a school, running fc3/fc2 servers. We are offering e-mail to
our students - squirrelmail. We would now like to reduce costs when it comes
to firewalls, spam and virus control.

Is it possible to put all these applications in a fedora box, and make this
a sort of a "securebox" that is filtering all in- and outgoing traffic?

I have looked at spamassasin and clamav, but I am not sure if these are the
best choises. And I have not found anything on how to make them work
together. When it comes to fierwalling - is it possible to use the one that
is pre-built into the fedora release?

I understand this is a huge topic, but maybe someone knows of a good HOWTO
or a book.

Than you for all help!

Bjorn