yum downgrading

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jun 9 13:32:01 UTC 2005

What is the best way of replacing a package by an older version?

Recent versions of X have not worked on my Sony C1VFK Picturebook.
[To be honest I have not tried the most recent version,
as I have "exclude=xorg-x11*" in my /etc/yum.conf .]

But I'm thinking that the X in FC4 will probably not work,
and I'd like to be able to install my present working version
(which I compiled) if that is so.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy