LaCie firewire disc not detected (until I reboot)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 22:32:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 16:18, Per Thomas Jahr wrote:
> tor, 09,.06.2005 kl. 11.50 -0500, skrev Les Mikesell:
> > Do a hotplug connect, then do a dmesg or tail /var/log/messages
> > to see where it went.   A 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi' should show
> > the devices with scsi emulation as well as any real scsi devices.
>
> OK. I did a hotplug connect now. This is what /var/log/messages says:
>
> Jun  9 23:12:18 localhost kernel: ieee1394: Error parsing configrom for node 0-01:1023

I've seen that, but mostly when the drive was connected, then powered
up, and a few seconds later it would get it right.  Did you say earlier
that it is detected correctly during a warm boot?

Do you know the chipset of the drive adapter?  There are known problems
with a prolific set and one style case I have worked with FC1 but would
not detect at all on FC3 until I updated the firmware.  Checking for
firmware updates would be a good idea in any case.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com