Booting off of a thumb drive?

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Thu Jun 9 23:36:00 UTC 2005

RoboticGolem wrote:
> Everyone I've seen has a bios setting along the lines of usb-hd0  ...
>  I dont actually know how to make the image that goes on the usb drive
> tho.
>

> On 6/9/05, dan <info at hostinthebox.net> wrote:
>
>>Hello, all -
>>
>>I've been trying to do some research on booting off of a thumb drive.  I
>>plan to finish creating a small distribution based off of Fedora, but
>>I'd like to boot it off of a thumb drive.  However, I can't find any
>>solid documentation on how to actually BOOT the system off of the drive.
>>
>>Anyone have any experience in this area?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>-dant

Hey -

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I can make the machine "look" at the drive
for boot instructiions, but I need a way to get the rest on the drive,
and take it from there.  Right now I'm jus ttaking a kernel and using
some goodies I found on a few pages to put the kernel on the drive.  I'm
just taking shots in the dark here.

Thanks
-dant