Problems making commi

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Fri Jun 10 08:23:55 UTC 2005

Andy Green wrote:

> Mark Sargent wrote:
> | Hi All,
> |
> | ok, something just not right here,
>
> The /usr/local qt tree has not come from Fedora, it's the tree you
> abortively tried to compile from source.

yes, I folowed the install tips,

1.  Unpack the archive if you have not done so already:

        cd /usr/local
        gunzip qt-x11-free-3.3.4.tar.gz # uncompress the archive
        tar xvf qt-x11-free-3.3.4.tar   # unpack it

    This creates the directory /usr/local/qt-x11-free-3.3.4 containing the
    files from the main archive.

    Rename qt-x11-free-3.3.4 to qt (or make a symlink):

        mv qt-x11-free-3.3.4 qt

    The rest of this file assumes that Qt is installed in /usr/local/qt.

>   Unless you got to the end of
> that and are running qt libs compiled from that, you need to forget
> about it.

well, I ran ./configure from within /usr/local/qt and then it states at
the bottom of that, to run /usr/bin/gmake. This is where I think I
messed up. I ran /usr/bin/gmake, but, I should have just ran make,
followed my make install..that line at the bottom after the initial
./configure was/is misleading...currently running make now from within
/usr/local/qt...this should correct it..sorry for the pain...lol..

> You need the kde-libs-devel package to compile the thing, it includes
> various helper apps.

ok, I thought the qt-devel. suggested by Paul Howarth, would give the
same result...