Cirrus (Logic CS 4614/22/24) Sound Chip - FC3 SOLVED

Steve & Julie Croteau sjcroteau at comcast.net
Fri Jun 10 16:39:18 UTC 2005

Well dummy me!  I opened up the Gnome volume control and looked clear in the
back.  There were all kinds of controls I would never use....except one.  Of
course 'Master' and 'PCM' have to be active but it was the 'DAC'  slider that
was at 0.  Now I have no idea what 'DAC' even stands for, right now I'm
guessing 'Dummy Audio Control'.  Problem solved....thank you one and all!
Steve