FC4-Test3 and upcoming official release.

Captain Bubudiu bubudiu2005 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 19:23:01 UTC 2005

 --- Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> Am Fr, den 10.06.2005 schrieb nethub at gmail.com um
> 20:34:
>
> > Not that I know much about the final release of
> Fedora Core 4 but I have
> > used yum to upgrade many many Red Hat-based
> systems without issues.  You
> > really should have no problem unless Red Hat puts
> something in FC4 that
> > prevents yum from upgrading properly.
>
> Ever checked for duplicated packages after the
> upgrade? Did a yum
> upgrade from a clean but used FC2 system to FC3 and
> had lots of them.
> Other things may occur too which are much better to
> be handled by
> anaconda.
>
> Alexander
>
> P.S.

This has been covered many times in the fedoraforum.
If you look at
http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56775
there are similar threads in the "similar threads
link".

The fedoraforum which is the official fedora support
forum has a fantastic search feature.

Fedora Core - The power of Open Source Now! Please search the archives
and fedoraforum.org as the question is likely to have been asked before.

Cheers
Captain Bubudiu