Upgrade from RH9 to FC3 or FC4

Botond Kardos Botond.Kardos at essnet.se
Fri Jun 10 20:20:13 UTC 2005

    Hi,
    I have an old machine running as a firewall. It's basically an RH9
installation with some custom-made packages (kernel, openssh, few
others). If I revert my system to standard RH9 is it possible to upgrade
it to FC3 or FC4? Is this upgrade possible without a CD (for example
boot-floppy + NFS or FTP server)?
    My main reason for the intention to upgrade is the fear of rootkits.
AFAIK FC3 and its targeted SELinux policy gives the feeling of safety
regarding rootkits and other privilege escalation vulnerabilities.
    Thanks,
    Botond