Upgrade from RH9 to FC3 or FC4

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Fri Jun 10 21:47:37 UTC 2005

 I have had really marginal luck doing upgrades as opposed to
a clean install.  The clean install has been tested while the
host of upgrade combinations most likely has not.  In addition
to backing up your data, make a copy of /etc.  While you can
NOT just restore /etc, it makes a great reference when you are
trying to remember how things were configured.  If you are using
the machine as your Samba PDC, you will find the Samba files
especially useful.

While I do make a backup of my home partition, I have yet to see
the install trash it when I tell it to leave the home partition alone.

Bob Styma