I cannot get back to KDE

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 20:00:07 UTC 2005

--- "Scot L. Harris" <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 15:43, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > Dear folks,
> >    I shutdown one of my computers and when I
> turned it
> > back on I get:
> >
> > Your session only lasted less than 10 seconds. If
> you
> > have not logged out yourself, this could mean that
> > there is ome installation program or that you many
> be
> > out of diskspace.  Try logging in with one of the
> > failsafe sessions to see if you can fix this
> problem.
> >
> > Other than reinstalling everyting, is there a
> simpler
> > way to fix this problem.
> >
> > Sorry to bother you again,
>
> Sounds like you might follow the instructions it
> gave you.  I would
> suspect you are out of disk space.  Boot into single
> user mode and check
> if that is the case and clean up the disk so you
> have enough space to
> boot.

xfce runs, but KDE and Gnome do not.  I dropped into
the failsafe shell, but I do not know which
command/commands to run and fix the problem.  I have
6.3 MB free so it is not a question of diskspace.

The following files appear in the home directory
KDE.startkde.Ra5609
KDE.startkde.Tq5518

I tried deleting these but when I try firing up KDE it
gives me the same weird message.

Thanks,

Antonio