I cannot get back to KDE

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 20:50:21 UTC 2005

--- "Scot L. Harris" <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 16:00, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > --- "Scot L. Harris" <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> > > turned it

> If
> > > you
> that
> many
> > > be
> the
> > > problem.

> > > simpler

> > > Sounds like you might follow the instructions it
> > > gave you.  I would
> > > suspect you are out of disk space.  Boot into
> single
> > > user mode and check
> > > if that is the case and clean up the disk so you
> > > have enough space to
> > > boot.
> >
> > xfce runs, but KDE and Gnome do not.  I dropped
> into
> > the failsafe shell, but I do not know which
> > command/commands to run and fix the problem.  I
> have
> > 6.3 MB free so it is not a question of diskspace.
> >
> > The following files appear in the home directory
> > KDE.startkde.Ra5609
> > KDE.startkde.Tq5518
> >
> > I tried deleting these but when I try firing up
> KDE it
> > gives me the same weird message.
>
> Have you tried creating a new user that uses gnome
> or KDE?  If that
> works then it indicates the config files under the
> users home directory
> have been messed up.  You can try moving those files
> else where and then
> starting up KDE.  In most cases it will recreate the
> users config
> files.  Move them, don't delete them, you may want
> to recover certain
> things you had setup previously.

I tried creating a new user, antonio, as root user and
I tried running KDE and the same message appears.  I
try running GNOME and it stays hanging having to
ctrl+alt+backspace.  I can only acess the KDE, GNOME
desktops as root user.  Will wait a little before I
start over from scratch.

Regards,

Antonio