VOIP with a linksys PAP2

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jun 13 07:45:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 05:30 +0100, THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
> On 6/13/05, Kevin J. Cummings <cummings at kjchome.homeip.net> wrote:
> > I saw your boot messages, it looks like eth1 is being configured via
> > DHCP as 198.162.2.1  and your eth0 configuration is failing to start?
> > Are you sure you have them correctly identified?  What does "route" give
> > you for output?  One of your interfaces is acting like there is no cable
> > plugged into it....  What does "route" tell you?  Where does your
> > "default" route go?
>
> [thufir at localhost ~]$ route
> bash: route: command not found
> [thufir at localhost ~]$ su
> Password:

You have used "su" rather than "su -" and have therefore not been given
root's PATH setting.

> [root at localhost thufir]#
> [root at localhost thufir]#
> [root at localhost thufir]# route
> bash: route: command not found
> [root at localhost thufir]# iproute
> bash: iproute: command not found
> [root at localhost thufir]# ipconfig
> bash: ipconfig: command not found
> [root at localhost thufir]# ifconfig
> bash: ifconfig: command not found
> [root at localhost thufir]# ipconfig /all
> bash: ipconfig: command not found
> [root at localhost thufir]#

These are a consequence of not having root's PATH setting.

Use "su -" (see "man su") and those commands should work.

Alternatively, use "netstat -rn" to display your routes; you don't need
to be root to do that.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>