FC4 Torrent Slow? Or, is it just me?

Kurt Hansen khansen at charityweb.net
Mon Jun 13 18:44:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

This is the first time I've used bittorrent to download anything, so my
experience may be due to my own in-experience.

I'm trying to download the iso's for FC4, but they are coming down
awfully slowly. I used the command line suggested in an earlier message:

./btdownloadheadless.py --url \
http://torrent.linux.duke.edu/torrents/stentz-binary-i386.torrent

I'm seeing download rates of around 6-8 KB/s with some spikes up to the
20's and down to the 1's. Time left is: 144:40:30.

Is this typical? Seems pretty slow. I'm on a DSL line. Maybe I should
start over using a different method or command line options.

Thanks!

Kurt Hansen
khansen at charityweb.net