problems with bittorrent

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Jun 13 19:47:28 UTC 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 3:42 pm, Michael Yep wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
> >I have installed bittorrent and configured my firewall to allow tcp on
> > ports 6881-6889. I followed the exact same procedure on two FC3 machines.
> > One is working just fine. The other just wants to download the .torrent
> > file. I've read several bittorrent faqs, I found four of them, and looked
> > through the rest of the documentation, but I can't get a solution. Does
> > anyone have an idea what else I could check?
>
> # btdownloadcurses.py --max_upload_rate 350 --url
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/stentz-binary-i386.torrent

I'm not sure if you're telling me something more than just providing me with
the link. I already have the link - if I click on it, I don't get a torrent,
I get a small .torrent file download, and no torrent. On my other machine, I
click on the torrent, and it opens a window and I get messages about download
speeds and estimated time, and the name of the file it's downloading. Your
first line, with the hash, doesn't mean anything to me - is this information
that might help?

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA